The health benefits of pranayama practice are amazing. Many ailments of mind and body can be helped or even reversed through proper breathing.
By regularly practicing pranayama excercises the following benefits may be experienced;
* Greater sense of well-being
* Reduction of stress and anxiety
* Improvements in digestion
* Clearer skin
* Greater energy levels
* Helps asthma
* Normalisation of blood pressure
* Greater levels of consciousness
* Improved cardiovascular health
* Improvement in respiratory system
* Improvements in sexual function
* Immune system functions stronger
* Improves mental clarity and ability to focus
Pranayama is an excellent way to boost your body’s ability to resist flu and colds. Bacteria find it difficult to thrive in an oxygen-rich environment. Yoga breathing boosts the amount of oxygen in the body and blood.
Make sure pranayama techniques are an integral part of your yoga practice, and even if you don’t find time in your day to do a full yoga session, be sure to take at least a few minutes for your breathing routine.
Some of the most popular and easy to practice yoga breathing techniques are;
Anuloma Viloma (Alternate Nostril Breathing)
Bhastrika (Bellow Breathing)
Kapalbhati (Skull-Shining Pranayama)
Practising any one of these refularly will help you receive the benefits of pranayama.