The Healing Power of Meditation
Meditation benefits every part of our lives. Hundreds of studies have shown that regular meditation helps reduce stress, reverse signs of aging, and through meditation you can actually grow your brain.
So what are some of the benefits of meditation? Well, as I said there are a bunch of studies out there, but from my own personal experience and from what students I have taught have told me here are a few examples of the healing power of meditation…
- Better sleep
- Inner peace
- Feelings of spontaneous joy and happiness
- Improved relationships (including with self)
- Better able to cope with stressful situations
- Better able to cope with other people’s drama
- Growth of compassion
- Greater enthusiasm for life, more adventurous
- Much improved confidence and self-esteem
- An end to panic attacks and reduction of base-level anxiety
- Spiritual growth
- End of feelings of loneliness
- Sense of direction and purpose to life
- Greater flexibility
- Improved mental clarity
- Improved creativity levels
- More love in your life.
If you want to experience meditation then here are some easy meditation techniques that you can practice on your own which will begin to help you experience more inner peace.
Doing meditation isn’t a wacky thing. Many top business people and sports stars know that regular meditation adds clarity, creativity and focus to their activities.
When I first started doing yoga I found meditation the hardest and least enjoyable part of my practice. I knew I should do it, but to be honest I was happy when I had finished it.
Fortunately I found a technique that was easy, enjoyable and effective, called The Bright Path Ishayas’ Ascension. The ability to step-back from the mind and live life from a different experience of awareness and clarity should not be underestimated. If you haven’t already investigated meditation, or you’ve found it too hard, then a fresh look might be worthwhile.